Original Date Posted: Jul 20, 2012
By Blair Ball
Time is a precious commodity which extends to all alike. It is the equal opportunity employer. We all have 24 hours in a day or 1,440 minutes. Same as it was 10 days ago, 10 years ago, or 100 years ago.
So what’s different today? Social Media Marketing is the biggest change to come along in decades.
Statistics show that we process more information in one year than our forefathers did in a lifetime. We have so much information, so much on our plate, so much competing priorities, how will we get through this?
Now throw in Social Media Marketing into your everyday tasks, and it can seem overwhelming. Statistics show that to maximize your Social Media efforts, you must invest 6 hours minimum per week.
1. Like any other business be laser focused on what your Goals and Objectives are for you and the company.
2. What are your priorities that answer this question…What is the best use of my time right now?
***Schedule the times daily to complete your Social Media tasks.
Would you agree that changes are coming faster and faster?
How will you keep up? How will I stay ahead of my competition?
My father taught me a valuable lesson from childhood. He stated…the day you stop learning is the day you die! He lived up to that until the time he left this earth.
Whatever you do become a student.
Here are some productivity tools to use in your Social Media Marketing.
One of my favorites is Hootsuite and used by the Social Media pros.
Hootsuite allows you up to 5 Social Media accounts for free.
- So, you can have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- You can schedule your tweets, posts, etc. and walk away.
- It’s web based.
- In Twitter you can setup multiple columns.
It’s a Social Media monitoring tool.
- Allows you to monitor what is being said on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- 45,000 users.
- Monitors millions of websites.
Social Media management tools.
- Editorial Calendar
- Help with branding across multiple channels.
- Track who is engaging with you.
It’s a tool to help you remember everything!!!
- Capture Everything.
- Access anywhere.
- Find things fast.
“The spreadsheet-free editorial calendar system,”
- DivvyHQ lets you “divvy” and conquer your content marketing efforts.
- Lets you manage virtually any type of content that you can think of, and keeps it all in one organized place for everyone on the team to view.
- Lets you easily assign pieces of content to individuals and reminds those people when things are due through email notifications.
You know how time-consuming it can be to not only find relevant blogs, but then manually pull out the blogger’s social networking channels.
- Pulls out that legwork on your end.
- Promising a simple and effective search tool that filters through the thousands of blogs across the Web.
- Only sends back the ones that fit your criteria.
If you haven’t heard about Pinterest it is a…
- A great tool for storing ideas.
- A great tool for storing inspirational articles.
- Collaborative pinboards provide a nice clean way to keep press mentions, blog post ideas, inspirational artwork for advertising campaigns, or even funny things.
Springpad provides a visually appealing way to store things online based on interests.
- Lets you categorize that content with their pre-populated categories.
- When you add a note to one of your Springpad notebooks, it automatically identifies other things you might like based on that note.
- Automatically sync with your mobile devices and calendars.
What Social Media tools are you using that have increased your productivity?
Blair is the founder of Prepare1, he speaks, writes, conducts workshops, and coaches on Social Media.