Original Date Posted: Jan 03, 2012
By: Blair Ball
The Internet and Social Media has fundamentally changed the way people find, discover, share, shop, & connect.
Did you know that 34,000 searches are conducted on Google EVERY SECOND? Or that 75% of Internet users never scroll past the first page of search results? Or that US Internet users spend 3x more time on blogs and social networks than they do on email?
FACT: Marketers are shifting their budgets away from “interruption” advertising.
- 86 % OF PEOPLE SKIP TV ADS
- 46 % DECLINE IN TECH TRADE SHOW SPENDING
- 44 % OF DIRECT MAIL NEVER OPENED Worldwide, we conduct 88 Billion searches per month on Google.
- PER SECOND – 34,000
- PER MINUTE – 2,000,000
- PER HOUR – 121,000,000
- PER DAY – 3,000,000,000 FACT: Ranking high on search engines is no longer optional, it’s critical.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
FACT: The more keyword-rich content you generate, the more search engines will find (and love) you.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages.
- Companies with more indexed web pages get way more leads.THE BOTTOM LINE: If Google can’t find you, neither will anyone else.
- Social media has real business value.
- LinkedIn drives the most referrals to B2B sites.
- Facebook Drives More Leads for B2C.
- Blogs keep growing —in volume & value.Most people read blogs more than once/day.
- Blogging can really move the needle.
- Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors.
B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those who do not. B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not.
Now is the time to invest in Social Media Marketing, and increase your Sales and Brand Awareness.