This workshop provides a high-level overview of the online spaces available for major sources of funding and nonprofit resources. Divided into three sections, the discussion addresses the following objectives: (1) the best grant databases and websites, (2) where to locate corporate sponsors, and (3) nonprofit resources that will help you further your mission.
After participating in this LIVE workshop, you should be able to:
- Identify key websites and databases to guide the procurement of grant funds for Religious, Arts, Human Services, Social Justice, Animal Rescue, and Educational charities.
- Determine program eligibility for grants based on funder guidelines.
- Quickly locate potential corporate sponsors.
- Identify the different types of grant procurement documents, and when to use each type.
- Navigate the broad field of nonprofit resources.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Cheryl Smith is the CEO of Dewlyn Nonprofit Services, a Metro Atlanta based consulting firm, where she helps U.S. nonprofit organizations build sustainability through training, coaching, and grant-writing. Cheryl is also the author of the book, “21 Ways to Fund a Nonprofit;” she’s a member of the American Grant Writers Association; and she is a nonprofit trainer for SCORE chapters, as well as a guest speaker for many public, private, and Faith-Based Organizations. In 2020, Cheryl launched the Community Heroes Program to work specifically with small nonprofit organizations in need of board development and funding. As a champion for the nonprofit community, Cheryl supports more than 3,000 nonprofit leaders each year, and she has successfully secured millions of dollars in government and private foundation grants for organizations that she has aligned with. Broadly, Cheryl’s specialty is building capacity in people and organizations, and helping them to reach their highest and best potential.